Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
What to expect:
- Leading up to your appointment (~2-14 days prior) we will call you to go over a few things. We will first go over our new COVID Wellness Form. This is a screening process for all patients and employees, to ensure no one entering the office has any COVID-related symptoms (see the questions we ask here: COVID Wellness Form). During this call we will instruct you on how to prepare for your appointment with us. We will discuss the appointment itself, ask you to complete any necessary paperwork online ahead of time, and offer the option of contactless payment at that time.
- On the day of your appointment, you will wear a face covering and check-in at the reception desk. At this time, we will again, go over the COVID Wellness Form for a second time together. This is to ensure there have been no changes in your overall health. Once our office is notified of your arrival, a team member will great you, take your temperature (anything above 104 F and you will be kindly asked to reschedule), offer hand sanitizer, and proceed to the operating room.
- Rest assured, our office has implemented many protection barriers, upped our uniforms with new PPE (see above picture), increased sanitation protocols, have installed new air purification systems throughout the whole office (which clean and purify the air every 6 minutes), and have staggered appointment times so not more than one patient is in the same area at the same time.
- During your appointment, things will look a little different! But please ask questions on how Loeta Robles, DDS is keeping both you and our team healthy during this time!
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html